If you were to believe the mainstream media you would be under the apprehension that on Thursday 23rd June 2016 when you go to vote on the EU referendum, you either make the choice of voting to leave the EU and stepping in to the great unknown, or you choose the soft easy option by voting to remain within the EU, in effect choosing the status quo. This is a misapprehension, a complete fallacy.
Whatever the outcome is on the 23rd of June, come the 24th the economic, political and social landscape of the UK shall be irrevocably changed forever more. The EU referendum is that vitally significant. Whichever campaign wins the referendum, there will be change. The remain campaign promises a continuation of the status quo but they are impotent and will be unable to fulfil those promises. In reality those promises will be broken within weeks of the outcome of the referendum.
Come the 24th of June there will be no more status quo. All there shall be is the status quo ante, or the status quo antes even; either result shall draw a line in the sand to mark life in the UK before the 23rd and life in the UK afterwards. If the UK electorate vote to leave the EU the immediate future may indeed be less certain, an unknown quantity but at least the UK shall be in control of its own destiny. A future outside of the EU may be uncertain but the possibilities are endless; the aftermath from the status quo ante brings hope and a brighter future for the UK.
If the UK electorate vote to remain within the EU the future is certain but that future also brings change. Any voter who chooses to vote remain expecting the status quo will be in for a great shock. No matter how much they distance themselves from the leave voters the irrefutable truth is that they too are voting for an end to the status quo. Only this time the aftermath from the status quo ante, though a known quantity brings change over which the UK has no control whatsoever. By voting to remain YOU are giving consent to the EU, voting to accept the mandate of the EU and consenting to all of the EU edicts imposed upon the UK. Afterwards, the EU will see a remain victory in the referendum as an admission of complete acceptance of the EU from the British public. This consent will only further embolden the EU to accelerate and extend their mandate upon the UK.
As a member of the electorate if YOU vote for the UK to remain within the EU, you are misinformed if you believe you are voting for the status quo. YOU are voting for change whether you like it or not. If YOU vote to remain this is what you are voting for and giving your full consent to:
- YOU are giving your consent to the UK one day becoming a member of the United States of Europe.
- YOU are therefore giving your consent to the UK losing its sovereignty and nation status.
- YOU are giving your consent to members of the UK in future to refer to themselves as European as they will no longer be classed as British.
- YOU are giving your consent to the UK in future signing up to the Schengen Agreement.
- YOU are giving your consent to the UK in future sacrificing pounds sterling and adopting the Euro as its form of currency.
- YOU are giving your consent to the demise of the Commonwealth of Nations, British Overseas Territories and Crown dependencies.
- YOU are giving your consent to the UK losing HM Armed Forces and agreeing to British subjects being enlisted in an EU Armed Forces under Article 42 of the 2007 Treaty of Lisbon (TEU).
- YOU are giving your consent to the UK allowing the EU to impose EU legislation upon the UK and for EU law courts to sit and convene on UK soil while holding precedence over UK courts, thus replacing the British rule of law with continental EU law.
- YOU are giving your consent to the UK adopting the US-EU trade agreement, the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).
- YOU are therefore giving your consent to the UK in future privatising the NHS by adopting TTIP.
By voting to remain in the EU these are only the most vital areas of which YOU are complicit in giving your consent to. Whatever the mainstream media may tell you, YOU are voting for change.
There are of course those who claim they are voting to remain within the EU so as to retain the status quo for the immediate future in the hope that the federal dream of a United States of Europe will disintegrate, and after the fallout they hope the EU single market will be retained in its current state.
If the EU’s goal of a United States of Europe fails to come to fruition, then it shall only be due to a complete economic or social meltdown. Why would anyone place the UK in a scenario where this nation would be embroiled and enmeshed in such disruptive chaos? It would be far better for the UK to be outside of the EU if such a meltdown were ever to occur.
Either way, the aftermath from the status quo ante, be it remaining in the EU and becoming a member of the United States of Europe or being embroiled in an EU meltdown, neither of these are in any way favourable or welcome when compared to the aftermath of June 23rd and the UK regaining its sovereign independence from Brussels.
If YOU are contemplating or intending to vote to remain within the EU, I urge and implore you to utterly ignore all biased mainstream media. Instead carry out your own research and investigation on the EU referendum with an open mind. If you still decide to vote remain, then so be it but you may just change your opinion along the way. Just let that decision at the ballot box be YOUR choice.